Sunday, May 6, 2012

Balanced Soup, Balance Your Body






Do you agree the saying that " the best dinner always makes by your mother "?  I absolutely agree it. I am so lucky that my mother is really skilled cook, and she is most adept in cooking "balanced soup". As you see, the picture I posed is " balanced soup" which was cooked by my mother today.

Why do I call this soup as " balanced soup"? Its name comes from a Chinese healthy magazine. When I was a high school student in China, because of heavy study pressure, I always caught a cold and fell ill. My mother was so worried it. So she usually looked up the data of  some treatment which can improve my resistance. One day she found a soup recipe in a Chinese healthy magazine that seem  be useful. The soup named  balanced soup because it can balance people body function. The ingredients of this soup is very ample, it includes seven vegetables: corn, carrot , turnip, onion,  lotus root, dried mushroom and ginger. This dish is simple that just needs to chop these ingredients, put them into a pot and boil them for one or two hours. When my mother cooked balanced soup for the first time, I had loved it. It was so tasty and have no any greasy. In addition, it fits all people even you are on a diet or a vegetarian. After I started to love to eating this soup, my mother often cook it for me.  Surprisingly I found my health was better and better. For now, I very rarely get colds. So I consider balanced soup is a magic soup because it is not only delicious, but also good for our health. Even though  there are just a bowl of balanced soup and a bowl of rice, I already feel that is a perfect dinner.

I am so happy there is a opportunity to share this soup to everybody, and I hope you also can try to do it. I think you will also love its deliciousness.

4 comments:

  1. I often cook this soup at home, it is really very delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a luck girl. When i came here,i have a long time not eat food that my mother cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weiting:
    You are so lucky your mom is so good at cooking. I will try to make your "balance soup" for my sons, I 'm sure they will love it and I hope they will feel proud of my cooking skill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That pic is very similar to one of the recipes of the Colombian food. Any ways, I'm gonna try to make your soup. Where can I but the ingredients?

    ReplyDelete