Sunday, May 6, 2012

My favorite food ever!!!!

Ka-Prow-Moo-Krob with rice
Papaya Salad


             The two pictures above are my favorite Thai food that is called Ka-Prow-Moo-Krob and Papaya salad, which I often have in my meal, even though I am in Thailand or other countries.  I took pictures of these dishes a week ago while I was eating my late lunch at Lers Ros Thai restaurant in tenderloin neighborhood in San Francisco.  The first time I ate these dishes here, I felt that I was in Thailand because  the taste of these dishes were the real Thai food as same as the taste in Thailand.  The two dishes  were very tasty and appropriate of amount spicy taste, especially Papaya salad's taste was full taste of sour, sweet, salty, and spicy flavor that the chef cook it very delicious.  I really enjoyed eating the food here with nice atmosphere, and services.  The waitresses were so nice and pleasure to serve me the meal as well.  However, many Thai restaurants in San Francisco, there are Thai fusion restaurant that they created the taste for American people.  The taste was ok , but actually I did not like it.  
              Additionally, the ingredient of the first dish, Ka-Prow-Moo-Krob are pork belly, Thai basil leaves, bell paper, long green bean, and chili.  The chef cook the dish by stir-fired pork belly with fish sauce, black bean sauce,chili, and garlic.  After cook for a while, then put bell paper, chopped long green bean, and basil leaves in order, and stir them together just for a bit.  Then it is going to be ready to serve with rice as well.  Moreover, the way to cook Papaya salad is to pound garlic, chili, lime juice, and palm sugar in mortar by pestle together, them mix it with chopped papaya for a minute, then put tomatoes, and long green bean, then ready to eat.  I think it is not too hard to cook it at home, and I can enjoy cooking at home, although its taste is not too tasty as well as in the restaurant.     
             As you can see the ingredients and the way to cook these dishes,  I think the two dishes are very healthy because I can obtain full all nutrition of food, such as protein, carbohydrate, and vitamin.  Also Papaya salad is a good dish for me when I am on diet that solve my hunger.   Furthermore, these two dishes became to be my favorite food ever with no doubt.  
           

9 comments:

  1. Woo, I am hungrying now. I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya! I remembered that papaya salad you mentioned before, really interesten in the salad :) Because I am on diet too.;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you told us this salad before. I want to try and it looks good for health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good. I would love to try these dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job for describing your delicious food Nuttaya!:) I had ka-prow-moo-krob the second time i had Thai food about five years ago. On thing l like about Thai food is the tasty sauces you guys use on all of your food, it is just delicious. Adding spicy to it oh man it makes me feel like i'm eating Guatemala food. Awesome food!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you guys want to try once, I can bring you there. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Thai food it has a lot of healthy herbs.

    ReplyDelete