Sunday, May 13, 2012

Factors of Success


  Everyone wants to be successful. However, what makes for success? The two videos tell us that there are two ways can make us succeed. The first video tells us that we must keep struggling for our goals, no matter how bad the objective environment is. The second video tells us that we must have the determination, which we want to succeed, as bad as breath. I find some aspects in common in the two videos. They tried their best, persisted to fight for their goal and work hard.
   I had a successful experience when I studied in university in China. There was a 5-person soccer tournament in our university. My classmates and I built a team to participate the tournament. We didn't have confidence to be a champion when decided to participate the tournament. We didn't know whether we good enough to participate the game. When we were playing the first match, we were so nervous. Fortunately, we won the first match. However, we met a strong team at the second match. They were two goals up in the first half, but we didn't give up because we admired them. They had unbelievable technical abilities, high speed, and perfect teamwork. We knew we couldn't win the match, and we just wanted to try our best to fight for ourselves. Finally, we lost the match, and the score is 5:1. We not only weren't disappointed, but also felt successful because we had tried our best to fight for ourselves.
  I prefer the How Bad Do You Want It because it can encourage me pretty much. When I saw the main character’s sweat fell on the ground, I understand his success was built on his sweat. We always admire celebrities because they have a lot of money, beautiful cars, nice house and wonderful lives. However, do we think how much the celebrities’ sweat fell on the ground before they succeed? I am sure what they pay was more than ours. As results, their gain is more than any other one. The people who never concentrate on work will definitely end in failure.
  To immigrant to the US is a huge challenge for me because I have to give up a lot of things, and I will face a lot of problems in the US. English is one of my primary problems. I remember when I arrived at the airport in SF, I totally didn't understand what the custom officer said. I was so nervous and shy at that moment. I know I must overcome the challenge. These videos give me some tips. I need make up my determination. If I try my best, and persist to do everything, I will be successful.

4 comments:

  1. I always wanna have high school in China, because if I can pass it thats mean I can pass everything. I know Chinese education is very hard to follow it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree what you say, especially the sentence that "his success was built on his sweat".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are right. As for me,I will never reget any more if I try my best to make a effort to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! You don't shy anymore. That mean you are on your way to success. Strong determined can help us a lot during a access to success

    ReplyDelete