Sunday, May 6, 2012

steakhouse


  In general, chinese mainly feed on rice. In contrast, Americans mainly feed on meat and bread.  I really want to try some real american food since I came to America.  Unbelievably, I reunited with my classmate "JJ" in the elementary school of China. And he invited me to have dinner in outback steakhouse on Friday night this week.
  The outback steakhouse restaurant is famous of steak.  It is in 371 Gellert blvd,Daly City.  We arrived at 7:00 pm. However, we have to wait for 20 min with number slip, because we didn't reserver in advance.  20 min later, we were arrangered to seat near bar area. The main dinning room looked like a little bit dark and it seems more romatic than any other simple restaurant.  What's more, it wasn't very noisy.  The bar area consisted of some parions on bar stools leisurely watching the 3 television hanging from the ceiling. Everything made me feel relax and comfortable.  In addition, the waiter was cordial and attentive. I think that's why their tips are higher than Chinese restaurant.  I ordered Filet steak and JJ ordered prime rib under the waiter's introduction.  Tell the truth, I will never forget the taste of bread. They offer a loaf of brown bread for appetizer. And they put it on a small wooden board. I like bread made of wheet with soft and creamy butter so much. The bread and butter are perfect match.  It is so delicious that I can help asking for one more.
  The first picture I took is my main course Filet steak, it included a piece of Filet steak, a mashed potato, and a plate of eggs and bacon.  The Filet looks like  a little bit charred black and thick.  However, it tastes tender and juicy when I cut a slice to eat.  I am adaptable as long as it is not blood rare.  That's the reason why I require medium steak.  Just look at the second picture I took is JJ's prime rib.  Compared to my black filet, the prime rib is much more red than mine. Maybe the rib is best part of the cow ,  nevertheless,  I am not able to try a red steak, even though it was tasty.  Honestly, it make me feel a little bit disgusted.
   Overall, I think th American food is full of starch and portein. In personal, I am not satisfacted with my thinner shape.  So it contributes ot gain weight. Actually, I modified my eating  habit since I came to America. For example, I ate a lot of meat and drink more milk than before.  In spite of this, we are also supposed to pay attention to well-balance diet. For instance, we could eat meat with all sorts of vegatable or fruits. It is necessary to eliminate so oily food and find your own healthy diet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh,the Prime Rib seems so yummy! I don't like the well-done beefsteak. I prefer the undercooked beefsteak. It tastes juicy and soft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo, I am hungrying now. I want to try.

    ReplyDelete