Monday, May 7, 2012

   GUATEMALA FOOD ON WEEKENDS

  My diet and eating habits have changed a lot since i moved to The United States because now i only eat Guatemala food on weekends.  I took this picture at my house over the weekend.  On the weekends my two brothers don't work, i don't have school, and most of our friends are off too, so every weekend we get together at our house or at their house to socialize more, to have a Guatemala barbecue, and cook Guatemala food. So, when i took this picture i was with my two brothers, two Guatemala friends, and three Mexican friends to celebrate ''5 de Mayo''.  This was on Saturday at 11:00am.  This is a dish fish Guatemala style.  So, here's what it is made from; poached wild sea bass, on its side steamed Guatemala rice with carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, garlic, and celery, and topped with a roasted spicy tomato sauce with green onions, spicy jalapenos, and cilantro.  My brother Fausto usually cooks for us because he likes to cook and he works as a cook, so we really like when he cooks and enjoy the Guatemala food he prepares every time he cooks.  This dish tastes really delicious because of its spicy sauce and the flavor of the vegetables that are mixed with the rice, that gives this dish a great savor.  I chose this Guatemala dish since Fausto cooked and it was a hot day, and because it is the dish that our mother usually cooks on hot days and on summer.  In Guatemala, i never thought or realized that this dish was either healthy or unhealthy, but now i realize that it is actually healthy since my professor asks us whether we eat healthy food.  And i think food should be healthy as long as you prepare it at home because you know what it is made from.

5 comments:

  1. I like to try all kinds of food. If I have a chance to try Guatemala's food,especially Guatemala's barbecue, maybe I prefer it to Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It's look like super yummy. I wanna try it in the weekend. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I like to see burritooooooo, is my favorite.

    Let's try all the kind of food

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This dish looks delicious! You are lucky that your brother cooks. I wish I have at least one of my family member living in the US. But I'll enjoy cook and invite some friends a Paraguayan food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sea bass, I have never had Guatemala food, and I would like to try. Esteban!! You have to cook it for us. Lol.

    ReplyDelete