Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Favorite Dog

 











       6 months old                                                                             18 months old

  Many people like feeding a pet today. I think a dog is one of the most popular choices for us. I had a dog, which is a Husky, when I was in China. She is supper cute, so I love her pretty much. I got her when she was 3 months old. I fed her, played with her, and combed her fur almost everyday before I came to the US. Those are my dog’s pictures. I took the left picture when she was 6 months old, and I took the right one when she was 18 months old. Maybe you think the pictures are similar, but she was totally different between she was 6 months and 18 months old. The purpose of this journal is to contrast my dog’s body, personality and food between 6 and 18months old.
  The first difference between she was 6 and 18 months old is her body. I remember when she was 6 months old, she looked so weak. I really liked to lift her up, but I must very be careful because her body was so slim. I was afraid I would break her bones if I lifted her up to hard. However, when she was 18 months old, she was too heavy to lift her up. She became strong and fat so fast. She was about 50 pounds when I took the right picture. I thought she should make efforts to lose weight.  
  The second difference between she was 6 and 18 months old is her personality. She was so timid, when she was 6 months. I used to play with her in a park, and there were many people play with their dogs also. Sometimes, some dogs would invite my dog to join with them. However, she looked so afraid. She hid behind me, and her body was shaking. In contrast, she became bold when she was 18 months. She liked chasing after other dogs, and played with other dogs.
  I found the last difference between the two periods is her food. When she was 6 months old, she didn't have many teeth, so she only could eat soft food. I put the dog food into warm water for making it become soft before I fed my dog. She ate slowly, and only ate 3 OZ per meal. When she was 18 months, her teeth were sharp and strong. She liked eating bones, and ate a lot, almost 15 OZ per meal. She always asked me for more after each meal. However, I thought she was strong and fat enough. I always control her food.
  As you can see, my dog’s body, personality and food are the three main differences between she was 6 months and 18 months old. Our pets aren’t our dolls. They are changing at every moment. As owners, we must care our pets. They give us a lot of fun, and we have responsibility to take care of them for their whole life.

8 comments:

  1. Your dog is so cute! I want to say he is handsome, but I see you said "her" :) . I read a lot of details and I can figer out how you love your dog. After I see your dog's picture I want to touch her very much. Take care of your honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are our good friends. I like your dog because she looks very cute.I want to have a dog,too. when I feel bored, he can make me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this a mixed dog? Because she looks like a gorgeous wolf with big ears and blue eyes. I can see that you really love her as a your close friend. I like dogs, that my first job here was to take care of five dogs. It was an easy and fun job since we had many dogs in Guatemala. Furthermore, i believe in a saying that we have in Spanish ''the dog is the best friend of man'' I think it's true in my experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a good job to take care of your dog. The dog was so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its appearance looks like the same LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a attractive dog I have ever seen! I like Husky so much as well. I am sure that she will miss you so much than you miss her.

    ReplyDelete