Sunday, April 29, 2012

When A Door Shuts ...


This is a window from a design of a very famous Architect name Tamaki Jun Kyoto. I see this imagen and I try to think about what is it meant for me, it's a peacefull white square that make me feel like if I were insight  the house enojoying my own space.

White can always make you feel better, its a very nice and bright color. I can relate this window with our blog assignment as a oportunity, because we, sometimes, just have one oportunity, a clear and bright oportunity.

When I first came to The U.S as an au-pair I was feeling nervous, scared, and also happy for being here, I didn't know that this such a small oportunity to come and take care of kids, and make friends all over the world would've help me with what I'm doing now, studying in a strange country, with a different language. Still it feel surreal, like dream come true. We au-pairs or inmigrants have to go thru a lot of things, to be happy in this country. It can be the most amazing world you ever known or just a world full of oportunities, but all this good things come with sacrifice, valor, and a lot of hard work.

We all go thru stages, cultural shock, monotony, and last but not least is the worse part, HOMESICK, and when Im feeling like that I try to think about things that make me happy, or just spent time with my friends, and talk to my family, but also, it comes this picture, I imagine myself in that house, just sitting at that chair, and enjoying some time alone, the clarity of the house, the sun light, and all that make me feel better.
There's no just one thing I overcame since I'm here, but I know that when a door shuts down a window will always been open.


No comments:

Post a Comment