Monday, April 16, 2012

You're Not Alone

I choose this song because I love Foo Fighters. This band is from Seattle, and it was formed by Nirvana (another band) drummer Dave Ghrol after the dead of Kurt Cobain. Their song are about love, live, experiece that they've been thru. I like this band because it make me feel alive. Their lyrics are so amazing that it makes you think about a lot of stuff. This particular song make me think when I'm feeling lonely, what are the things that make me feel that way. In one part of the song, it says "And I dream about somewhere, a smoke will fill the air. As I lay awaken and wait for you to walk out that door". That's one of my favorite part on the song because when I am feeling lonely I think about my hometown and my family, and I am just waiting for that loneliness feeling to go away, to "walk out the door". The band might be sometimes different from other bands I know, but that's one thing I like about them, they don't care what people might think about their songs or lyrics, they're always true and honest with their fans. I've been to one of their concert, I was amazed, they blow my mind, I never in my whole life thought about how was to feel alive, or be crazy in a concert, it was 2 hours 45 min just Foo Fighters when sometimes you go to concerts and they play what? 1 hour? I'll never forget about he (Dave Ghrol) said before they start the show, it was something like "I don't know to what kind of rock concert you go to, but I'm telling you this, you better get ready to be up late, because we're not here to play an hour show, we're here to enjoy and play as much as we want" for me they're real artist, they're not like other bands that just care about the money, or look good, they really care about their fans, and to make us proud. 


To talk about this song in particular, is about how sometimes we feel when we're alone and lonely in our house, or somewhere else that sometimes we just want to be somewhere, or with someone that maybe if we "behave" we're not going to be alone or feel lonely, that we might change but who are we going to be if we do that just because we feel lonely, and that at the end we are never alone, there's always going to be someone next to us. 
The first time I heard this song I don't remember, I just remember that I can't take this song out of my mind, it's feel like is part of me now since I heard it, or maybe since I start listening to this band, but I already knew Dave Ghrol from Nirvana, another amazing band, very famous, I knew I couldn't not like Foo Fighters even though they have another essence, its like breathing another tipe of air. 


I hope you enjoy, as much I enjoy listening to this song and band.

4 comments:

  1. This is juiter player, the song's music is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His voice is special. That's really make me think a lot. We all will have the lonely time and I want to try this song when I feel lonely again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone will feel lonely sometimes.This song let me know i am not alone, i have family and friends.When i feel lonely,i can stay together with them.

    ReplyDelete