Thursday, April 26, 2012


<Blog 4>


Give up, or Overcome ? 



Have you ever been frustrated because of failed tests? When i was a high school student, I had to take part in composition to receive a prize to enter a classical music university. I was not familiar with that subject. Even though i started learning play the piano from eight years old, it was not easy to receive a prize. My hometown is very small island. So whenever i go to take part in composition to capital, or other cities, I had to take flights. So the more i take part in composition, the more my parents spent money for flight, or lesson fee. Before i entered the university, around 3months ago, I started taking part in composition.

 First time i went to other city with my mother, where is called "Chung-Ju", and we decided to stay there for two days and one night. Before i participated a contest, we made plan to look around the city, and eat delicious things after finish a result. Maybe mother and i were too excited. I believe we expected that i was going to receive a prize at the contest. Unfortunately, i couldn't get any prize. Mother told me that it was okay. it was first time to participate the contest, you can take other contest again. I didn't want her to know my feeling that i was so depressed, and disappointed. I tried to let it goes(result.) After a week, i had to take in composition again. The result was not good again. Ever since then, i remember i took several times more. At that time I was so frustrated. The reason why i felt like i was so stupid, and i just wanted to give up to get composition major. I can tell door was completely closed. My opportunity of entering the university was getting disappear. First of all, I was afraid about classical music. I resented everything. I thought that why did a god give me ordeal. :( I went through very hard time for three months. I was almost getting give up to enter the university which is i really wanted to. During that time, my mom always supported my, and trust me that i could do it. I really wanted to give up, but I didn't give up. I got lots of stress, but i couldn't give up easily. I tried to go through hard time, and finally i got a prize.  I could go to the university which is i really wanted to. At that time i didn't want to talk about this story because it's embarrassing ordeal, and i didn't want anybody to know, but i now can tell my embarrassing ordeal story.

I think both ordeal time, and luck time  come to everyone some day. We don't have to afraid. We can overcome whatever it is. I believe, the more you think worse way, the more situation gets worse. On the other hand, The more you think good way, the more situation gets good.


(I just searched that picture, it is not that famous door or something. I wanted to express when i went through hard time, so i am uploading closed door picture. I hope from now on, i will have good luck. wish me good luck. )

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your story.I believe you can succeed in another subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No cross, no crown. I think the sadness and frustration will help you find the door to success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be embarrasing. "failure is mother of success". If you persist in practising, you were the champion in one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooji,I believe you have more courage to achieve your goals in the future. Come on!!!

    ReplyDelete