Sunday, April 29, 2012

Good Memories---It Changed My Life




    Look at the picture. It was taken two years ago before my family moved to San Francisco.   My ancestors were anchored in a poor small village in China.  I lived in the old house since I was born.  I had lived there for over twenty years before I went to college. I spent my childhood there. It remained me lots of good memories. Often that childhood experiences affect greatly to people's thinking and their adulthood’s life. Because my life was changed completely by the door, it is special to me.  Although I had faced an extremely difficult time when I was young, the door opened for me to get more knowledge.  It was the door that gave me a big opportunity to go to the college, and became a middle school teacher, which was my best interest
    Our living condition was very hard. My family had only three bamboo beds for eight members to sleep. I still remember vividly the roof of our house, always leaked water when each raining season. Surrounding our house is a lot of rice fields. We often saw snakes and little animals in the house. Living in poverty during my childhood had taught me well to challenge the difficulties.  In addition to the door changed my life, I am fortunate to have a dedicated mother, who had worked deadly in the rice field in order to get me a proper education, and who constantly reminded me how education is important to one's life. Her words always traveled with me, "Hard working and education are the core of success."  Though the fact that I had only two years of high school and couldn't understand English in first year, I graduated high school  and achieved my two-year college degree. I accomplished my goals because the door gave me courage and I did my best to study hard.  In contrast, my parents could afford for middle school's tuition, and they were forced to labor at their teens. They only graduated in a primary school.  Nowadays, whenever I meet my obstacles in life, I try to overcome and remember my old days. Those days remind me of how fortunate of my current life. 

7 comments:

  1. OMG! That's the most successful story I have ever heard. Great job and excellent support from your mom. Keep moving forward;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you can attain happeiness from such tough condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice story ! Shelly. I guess you miss being there sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw this picture, I rember that I was a teacher in SiChuan countryisde. I lived the room as look as like it. That was 30 years before.In 2008 I went back there that many things had changed. The room building wasn't in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really touching story. I had a very hard childhood as well. Every time someone tells a story like this it reminds me of my childhood and where I came from. "Hard working and education are the core of success." Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a good person that did not complain your parents why they were not rich as well. However, you understood and accepted the true life, likewise, you knew how to spend live valuable and successful in finally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very special house with some windows. I agree with you. If you want to improve, the only way is that you need to learn more and work hard. So you probroly can get a fortune life. Sherlly, keep on going!

    ReplyDelete