Monday, April 9, 2012

A bet and a necklace



A bet and a necklace


The necklace which holding on my hand in the picture is my most meaning object for my life. It is not only because of its cute shape but also of its background. When I was high school student in China, I used to be an unconfident person. I think I cannot accomplish any job by myself. My class adviser Miss Wang is a very careful and nice teacher, she found my weakness and always encouraged me to be more confident. She usually praised me once I had a little progress in my study. But I still did not believe my grade is really advanced of my class as Miss Wang said.

Before the final exam of the 2nd grade, Miss Wang called me to her office and said that she believe me must have a well grade in this exam because she know I have spent so much time and attention for prepare the test. In the same time, Miss Wang provided an idea that if I can get the first rating in my class, then she will give me a  gift to me. I was so surprise because I had never made a bet with my teacher before. Even although I had agreed with the bet, I still have not enough confidence for the test. Eventually, I really got the best grade in my class, but I  had missed the bet  with Miss Wang, because I considered Miss Wang just made a joke for to encourage me then. But surprisingly, when I returned to school after summer break, Miss Wang called me to her office again and gave me a present which is a  pretty necklace. She still remember our bet and  carry out her promise even past two months! I was  moved to tear because I thought I am so lucky can meet a honest and responsible teacher. After then I found I was more confident and active than before, I knew somebody will be always standing behind me and supporting me silently, for example Miss Wang.

Although I have left China and Miss Wang for many years, I still keep the necklace which Miss Wang gave in my jewelry box carefully by my side. I have never worn the necklace for one time as it is so precious and I am afraid I will lose it carelessly. It represents the confidence to me from Miss Wang and the turning point of my life.

3 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have such a wonderful teacher. You're the best student and you can get the top grades without this special teacher. This teacher is another gife, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, weiting:
    you are so luck you had so nice teacher when you were in high school. This necklace is not only cute , and it also contained a lot of the importance about the progresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a good teacher. She not only help your study but also help you to build your confidence, and it will be useful for your whole life.

    ReplyDelete