Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Something To Share. 






I decide to write about something that is special for me, and where I come from. Its a typical drink we like to call Terere.
Is very special because it reminds me my roots, my ancestors and my family. Its a drink that help you get together with friends and share an very hot afternoon just chatting about life, it can help you to get into agreements when you have an issue with someone, its something you can share with your family.
In my country we drink this to make new friends, or to invite old friends to catch-up. It's a good way to say I LOVE YOU, or YOU'RE MY FRIEND.
Its unpolite to not invite someone Terere where is next to you, of course if you know the person, but actually it's not rude not invite someone if you don't like that person.
It's taste like ice tea, its made with cold, icy water, and yerba. Yerba is kind of the herbs you use to make tea. Instead of putting into a bag you put it in a "GUAMPA" (kind of like a cup made in aluminium), you also use a "BOMBILLA" (or straw). The Yerba comes in different flavor, you can find lemon, apple, guarana, refresh, meant and lemon, and the original, no taste of any fruit or spices.
I chose this object, to try to share a little bit about my culture and my country, and because its something I'll carry my whole life. Terere will always bring me good memories.

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment