Friday, April 27, 2012

What Is Behind The Door


  Many people have a door, which they want to walk through it, in their heart. I had a dream when I was a child. I wanted to study, and tried to live in other country. However, it would spend a lot of money, and my family couldn’t afford it, so I thought it was a dream forever. Nevertheless, you never know what happen in future. In a regular day, my mother told me that we could immigrant to the US. I was so excited when I heard the good news at the beginning. However, I had to give up my job, my friends and my stable life in my hometown if I left. When I thought I had to give up a lot of what I had owned, I didn't want to leave any more. My heart had floundered for a long time before I came to the US. Finally, I decided to go to the US because I wanted to know what was behind the door.
  I remember it was dry and sunny on 13 NOV 2010, and I felt a little cold in the Hongkong international airport. There were a lot of people in the airport, and they walked so fast. In contrast, I walked really slowly. I didn't want to leave, but I wanted to walk through the “door” also. My breath was a little bit heavy. My heart was so complicate, a little bit sad and a little bit nervous. The Hongkong time was 8:30 am, and it was time to leave. I tried my best to remember every scene, and looked back many times before I walked into the plane. In the whole flying journey, I almost kept sleeping. When I was waded up by the radio of the plane, I had been above of San Francisco. I didn't believe the fact, and it was like a dream because I only got a sleep, but I had been in other country. When I finished some processes of checking out, it was 11:15 am, and the date was also 13 NOV 2010 in San Francisco. It was a sunny day, and the temperature of San Francisco was warmer than I imaged in winter. I carried my heavy luggage, and walked toward the exit of SFO. My heartbeat was faster and faster when I was closer and closer the exit. Finally, I stopped in front of a glass door. I couldn't see what was behind the glass door because a lot of sunshine was shining my eyes from outside. What was waiting for me behind the door, Happiness, pain or challenge? I didn't know. I just knew I would have a new life after I walked through the door.


2 comments:

  1. Though opportunity knocks a littel bit late, I think you make a right decision and that's worthwhile. Try your best to fulfill your dream from now on, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way with you when I left the airport in China. In the airport, there always have gathering and parting, the laughter and the tears. No matter we are going to which country, the most important thing is we will never regret the place we decided to go.

    ReplyDelete